Tuesday, April 1, 2008

God is Watching




I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will guide you with my eye. Psalm 32:8 NKJV
My faith says I cannot see tomorrow, but I put my hope in a God who does see, so why is there worry if the path I’m traveling the right one? When we feel God pulling at our heart strings why does it take forever to make a decision? Why do we doubt His promises? Though we claim great faith in Him some days it is extremely hard to move when God says move, It is not because we doubt God’s ability, we doubt ourselves. We all have experienced moments where we fail to grasp His truth in spite of what He speaks to us through His word. “I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will guide you with my eye.” Sweet woman of God you can let your worries and doubts go. You have a God who desires to show you the path of life. The way He has chosen just for you. Do not fear, my sister “The Lord makes firm the steps of those who delight in Him; though they stumble, they will not fall, for the Lord upholds them with His hand. (Psalm 37:23-24) Hagar stumbles by her treatment of Sarah but God didn’t let her fall. He saw her situation; and He came to her rescue. In fact Hagar calls Him God who sees me. God also sees you and He will not let you fall for you delight in Him. His grace holds you day by day as you take each guiding step. God has His eye on you. He is walking ahead of you. He has made the way clear. Remove the cloud of doubt and replace it with the “cloud of glory”. “By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night.” (Exodus 13:21 NIV) Be confident, be courageous, leave your doubts and put your trust in the Holy One who always has His eye on you. Let Him lead you to your heart desire.


Faith Builders
Take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16: 7-8
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Praying the Scriptures
Most Holy One, I lift Your name in praise for you bring me pleasures by Your right hand. Though I may stumble You O Lord will not let me fall; you guide me according to your word. In you I put my trust for You go before me and direct all my good paths. I can not be shaken; my doubts wash away because you are ever before me. Help me to keep my eyes on You always my Lord, my delight. In Jesus precious and mighty Name I pray. Amen

4 comments:

Missy said...

I love the first line in your post! So true. I just found your blog.

blessings,
missy

Paula V said...

Wow...your post today is good. I am not able to read any further. It struck me, I guess as I'm having a very downer day, that this is so true. We have NO reason to worry or fear because the Lord goes before us. But as humans, and women, we just want to know God's plan. I know for me, I do struggle very much with not knowing God's plan. If you've followed my posts on Rachel's site, you know I struggle with my husband (ex legally but I still can't bring myself to say it) abandoning our vow and covenant unbiblically. If I only knew what God knew...I will never believe this is His will. I will never believe He spoke to my husband to leave. But I do know He already knows how this will play out and I know He knows best even though I feel my heart also knows what is best. So, I struggle because if God would just say, it's not going to happen, he's not going to budge or turn course, go on without him, then I could/would, fully. I've gone on but my heart is still hanging out there in the wind. But until then, I feel I can't let go of this desire and thus the worry and wondering of how/when/where. Again, I can feel the depression heavy on this day for whatever reason.

I just wanted you to know your post did prick my heart and I know it all to be true but my heart wants to come back with a "but"....but how do I really do that...how do I overcome this deep intense pain, this loss in my heart so I can let go of the doubt, worry, and wondering. How do I let go of something I know God was in the middle of. I know that I am not to let go of it yet, I don't believe. But I know I am to go on for "today" but it seems the waiting is getting the better of me after nine months.

Thanks for listening. I'd appreciate your prayers not only for me but for Chris. Sherri, a participant from Rachel's site, forwarded me a devo from Girlfriends in God and it talked about prayer changes marriages. It had several prayers to pray over husbands head to toe...like humbling themselves before God, having a Christ-like heart and mind of Christ, seeking God in wisdom and choices, hearing God's instruction, allow God's spirit to lead him and not the flesh. (I believe and know that Chris' flesh of pain drove this decision) So, I'm praying that over Chris. I know he's not on God's path and He'll not receive God's favor and blessings while he harbors this unforgiveness, bitterness, and pain and doesn't reconcile fully with God by admitting that he falsely said God told him this covenant was broken and recognizing this was his decision and NOT God's.

I'm really going now.

Drucilla's Stitches said...

I enjoyed your post today, I just found your blog. May I add you to my favorites list? I started a sewing blog but I'm thinking of starting a new one for all areas of my life.
Thanks for sharing!

Christie Todd said...

If you would have the time, I would really appreciate to know what your top 10 fears are for a book I am writing on overcoming fear.
Thank you
Christie Todd