Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sabbath Preparation


Tomorrow is the day for corporate worship for Christian believers. Preparation to enter the courts of God should be done prior to the Sabbath. Today we begin to set our hearts right, we cleanse ourselves of those things which are not of God. Busy hearts and minds should begin to rest and focus on God. The first step of preparation is the cleansing of sin. Offer God the sacrifice of repentance.
Search your heart and ask the Holy Spirit to bring to mine all that hinders your relationship with God. Reflect over your week what sins have you ignored, failed to confess to God. As you confess ask God to keep you from sin as you walk through the remainder of your day.
Ps 51:2 -Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin.
Psalm 51:17 -The sacrifice you want is a broken spirit. A broken and repentant heart, O God, you will not despise.

Begin to focus on the things God has done for you this week. Develop a list of those things for which you are grateful. Truly focus on how God intervene in your life this week. Begin to thank Him, let His goodness, kindness, mercy and grace flood your heart. Spend time here loving God with your grateful heart that tomorrow you will be run to His gates with songs and prayers of praise.



Psalm 100:4
Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him and bless his name.



Mediate on God’s characteristics. List in your heart every attribute which comes to mind. Consider how God showed you these characteristics this pass week. Let all which comes to mind soak into your spirit. Offer praise to God for all He has shown you this week. Thank God in prayer, name each characteristic, calling them before the Lord. Let God know you have seen Him at work in your life this week.

Psalm 110:5 -The Lord stands at your right hand to protect you.

Job 33:4 -For the Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

Psalm 51:1- Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins.

Job 12:13 "True wisdom and real power belong to God; from him we learn how to live,


Spend time is the one of the gospels; focus on the work of Christ. Fill your heart with Christ knowledge.

John 1:1-5
1 In the beginning the Word already existed. He was with God, and he was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 He created everything there is. Nothing exists that he didn't make. 4 Life itself was in him, and this life gives light to everyone. 5 The light shines through the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it

John 9:6-7
Then he spit on the ground, made mud with the saliva, and smoothed the mud over the He told him, "Go and wash in the pool of Siloam" (Siloam means Sent). So the man went and washed, and came back seeing!

John 13:10-13
One Sabbath day as Jesus was teaching in a synagogue, he saw a woman who had been crippled by an evil spirit. She had been bent double for eighteen years and was unable to stand up straight. When Jesus saw her, he called her over and said, "Woman, you are healed of your sickness!" Then he touched her, and instantly she could stand straight. How she praised and thanked God!


Be Quiet, set still and let God minister to you, let the Holy Spirit prepare you for worship.

Prayer
Father God, may I enter into your mighty Presence? Lord I need you to prepare me for worship, help me to worship you right now, Lord prepare my heart, mind, spirit and attitude to worship You in Your Holy tabernacle on the Sabbath Day. Let me rejoice in Your goodness that I may enter Your courts with praise and thanksgiving.
Father soak me with Your word and let me see you. Guide me Holy Spirit to bring to the Father offerings of love, praise, thanksgiving, and worship. Prepare me Lord, make me bold, let me care not what others think as I lift holy hands to you, as I shout praises and thanksgiving to you for all your blessings poured on me this week my God. Let me come not to just receive Lord but let me come to give to You in ways pleasing to You. Fill me Holy Spirit with thy self and let me magnify the Lord, my Savior and bring glory to God, my Father. In Jesus Name Amen

Ps 51:7 -
Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. I had just been re-reading in Exodus about the Sabbath and how in-depth the Lord goes about keeping it. So I had already decided today to do all of the "stuff" that I usually do on Sunday, in preparation of Monday, today. What I *hadn't* thought about, until I read this post, was the spiritual preparation that i should do to be ready for the Sabbath. God bless you for opening my eyes to this!

Debra said...

It IS wonderful...your choice of music, the pictures, the verses, your words. They all melted my heart and brought His presence. Is that awesome or what? That a blog could bring His presence...yours did.
Thank you for this, it was amazing.
Love, Debra

godlover said...

Wow, God Chaser, you really touched my heart today. I always think to prepare physically by picking out my clothes and shoes and jewelry on Saturdays but I never thought about preparing myself spiritually. Thank you so much for your blog today. It was just what I needed to hear! Your words, as usual, were beautiful. Thanks again.
Marj

Joyfulsister said...

Happy Sunday my Sistah!!

Be Quiet, set still and let God minister to you, let the Holy Spirit prepare you for worship.

These words in your post sopke ever so deeply to my spirit. I seem to be getting confirmation from several posts this morning. I needed to step back and be still this past week. as much as I wanted to blog the Lord kept giving me rest, just rest in my spirit. I don't know if people realize doing on a worksshop on spiritual warfare can be so draining. My daughter came to visit from california and it was such a blessing to spend time with her in my resting. I posted a pic of her at the end of my latest blog. I've missed you and had to come over for some soul food and give you a hugzzz

Luv ya Lorie