Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Glorious Healing



Splendor and majesty are before Him: strength and joy are in His dwelling place. Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name; bring an offering and come before Him. Worship the Lord in the splendor of His holiness. 2 Chronicles 16: 27, 29 NIV

Life sometimes brings circumstances that wound us in heart and spirit. The wound is deep, much deeper than ointment or even stitches will heal this wound requires surgery. Surgery is needed to remove the hurt penetrating our spirit and to repair the sever damage to our heart. Friends and family have tried to help us heal to no avail. We have sought relief in vices unpleasing to our Lord, relationships that leave us empty and drained of all self-esteem. This pain has made us feel so much shame going before our Lord is impossible. There is no way we can bring ourselves to Him, He hates sin, and we feel we are not worthy to stand in such Presence. Each day send us deeper into hiding, building walls that will shield us from more pain. Our trust we don’t want to ever put into another, the world is too cruel. Hidden away alone, we feel safer yet we are still unfulfilled. What can make this pain go away, vanish forever? We grow so tired, tired of seeing others happy, joyfully living life while our dreams and hopes lay buried in pain. Weariness overcomes us, we cry out, but no one hears, no one answers our plea for help. Nearing our end, strength flows from a place we can’t identify, whispers of “come” invade our soul, yet we resist. We can’t trust we dare not believe there is hope. We continue to move through our days barely hanging on but there is strength from a place unknown inside us crying “come to Me, come to healing.” Exhaustion over takes us, finally, on our knees we collapse, calling out “please help me Lord, take away this shame, this hurt, this pain so my spirit can dwell with you. Worthy I know I am not but I need You, I need Your love Lord, Your cleansing.”
The Lord speaks “be still, quiet yourself and listen, for I hear you my daughter. You are forgiven, and your shame and guilt I take unto me. I bore these for you on the cross, I paid your debts, your sins are forgiven, gone they are now cast away I remember them no more. I love you, I loved you before your pain and I am sorry for the cause of your pain, but all do not know me. I love you in your pain and I tried to tell you many times but you closed your heart to me, so you couldn’t hear. I didn’t leave you; I continued to hold you ever so softly, gently calling you to Me. It was my strength sustaining you. I promised never to leave you or forsake you, (Hebrew 13:5) to be with you always (Matthew 28:20) my word is true, believe in me”
Healing comes tenderly day by day our spirit is restored; our heart mends, the pieces are sewn back together by the Master surgeon. We are able to enter His dwelling place more and more finding strength, peace and joy. His love continually pours in us and at long last we are able to stand in His Holy Presence. We stand resplendent (dazzling, glorious) in His robes of holiness. (2 Chronicles 16:29) Healed we bring an offering of wholeness; we offer gratitude, I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation. (Psalm 118:21 NIV) love, I will sing of the Lord’s great love forever (Psalm 89:1) praise, All day we parade God's praise - we thank you by name over and over. (Psalm 44:8 Message) and worship. So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open, drinking in your strength and glory. (Psalm 63:2 Message)

Gloriously Healed we cry “BRAVO! My Lord, my savior, splendor and majesty flow from You, strength and joy surrounds my soul for You fill me with Your Holy Presence, Glory to Your Name Most Holy God.”

So many of us carry pain and hurt from long ago, often not because of anything we did. But because the enemy carries no love and seek to hurt. Because he does not want us to give love and be loved. He wants us in bondage. Let him have no victory. Turning to Jesus will bring healing. He is waiting for you to come to Him. My prayer is these words will encourage you to seek the only source of healing, our Lord and Savior, let not His wounds be in vain He desires you whole.

2 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Oh how true!
Our hurts, pain, shame and disappointment abounds, but God's love and forgiveness abounds so much the more. When can we finally learn to immediately seek God in our pain? Why do we resist His calling to intimacy?
We are so focused on the pain, we cannot see the healing. It is there for the asking, a free gift, for which Jesus has already paid the price. Let's open our eyes and hearts which have been clouded by the enemy, to say there is no hope. Our response should be "Our hope is in the Lord".

A wonderful post, as always! Thanks for the encouragment!

Plant Lady

Paula V said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. The encouragement and compliments on my writings is a huge blessing. Did you read what Mary wrote about the one big struggle of bloggers that she read from Christian Women Online? It is that there aren't enough visits or comments. Mary is so right...we must continue as we never know how we will touch even ONE soul. I have visited some new blogs and left comments and they've then eventually stopped by mine. Plus, I know my mom visits mine but I don't expect her to ever comment. But she can still be blessed by God through reading my posts.

Don't get discouraged or lose faith. Serve the Master and He will bless you.
In Him,
Paula