Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Lord Sings


The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17 NKJV

The dawn springs forth, slowly the sun rises and the day begins. A new morning showered with new mercies, as God moves me from glory to glory. My heart turns to the Creator, Good morning Father, thank you for being in the midst. This day I can face with peace and with joy because the Great God of the Universe is with me guiding me, strengthen me and sustaining me. No burden today will hold me back to the Lord I will gladly give it. He waits in the Midst. Peace will surround me like the quietness of first light. When chaos intrudes I will not stress to the Heavens I will look, He is in the Midst. My heart is still, I am quieted by His love. Surrounded by His love I am giving, gentle, patient, kind, and loving. All I meet smell a sweet fragrance; they sniff and wonder the scent. They seek in vain, it is a scent not made by hands. It flows from the Spirit abiding within. A sweet Holy spirit mingles with the Spirit of Righteousness and Truth stirred by The Mighty One creating a scent beyond compare. I rejoice, lifting praise, lifting a song from my own spirit to the Holy throne. From the Holy throne I hear rejoicing, I hear singing over me. My voice lifts higher and higher the throne is surrounded by voices of Praise to the One that sets in the Midst.

Sing with Me Lord
The Lord sings over you. The Lord rejoices over you. The Lord loves you. There is nothing you can do to change that. Give Praise to God.

Sing to the Lord a new song for He has done marvelous things; His right hand and His holy arm have worked salvation for Him. Psalm 98 NIV

On your feet now---applaud God! Bring a gift of laughter sing yourselves into His Presence. Psalm 100:1 The Message.

My theme song is God’s love and justice and I’m singing it right to You, God. Psalm 101:1 The Message

All you saints! Sing your hearts out to God! Thank him to his face! Psalm 30:4 The Message
Sing to the Lord, you saints of his; praise his holy name. Psalm 30:4 NIV

That my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever.
Ps 30:12 NIV

Rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!
Ps 32:11 NIV

Sing praises to the Lord, enthroned in Zion; proclaim among the nations what he has done.
Ps 9:11 NIV

I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me.
Ps 13:6 NIV

“Sing to the Lord Ladies, give Him Glory. Rejoice with Him as He rejoices and sing over you. How blessed we are to have a God who rejoices and sings over us. I have to shout Hallelujah!

I was awe struck when I learned god sing over me. It never occurred to me that God sings. What an awesome blessing. I can’t carry a tune, but it wonderful to know god does not care. In my car with my CD’s it’s just god and me and my out of tune voice.
.
Share with me how it makes you feel to know God rejoices and sing over you? Where do you sing to God?

2 comments:

Paula V said...

I too sing to the Lord in the car. I have a couple particular CDs with songs that are very worshipful (like in church) and I just cry, and sing, and pour my heart to the Lord. I absolutely love singing in church. I think I read a blog or a devo or something - of course online - and it talked about too much emphasis on singing in church and the style of music and "feeling" God. I understand that to a point. But I believe music touches our soul and speaks to us in a way nothing else can. I believe the music opens our hearts so that we can then hear and thus feel God. That's where the "feeling" God comes in to play. I think it was a blog that was connected to one of my devo's. Anyway, I love singing to the Lord.
Paula

Unknown said...

You are like sunshine to the soul........thank you