Tuesday, February 24, 2009

WFW- In the Morning









Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord
Each morning I bring my request to You and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3




We are moving into a sacred period of time; a time when we begin to focus on Jesus; His work on earth, and His death. Many of us will enter into a Lentil fast. Some will give up foods, others behaviors. Some will give up their time and resources to those in need. Whatever you choose to do, remember this time is to be dedicated to drawing closer to the Lord, seeking to know Him better, enhancing of our relationship with God. We will increase the time we spend in prayer and bible study. We will develop a quiet time seeking to hear God’s voice. To encourage God, who is more than willing to speak to us let us look to Him first, let God, our Lord and Savior hear our voice in the morning. Let us set a personal standard to meet with God not only to bring our requests, but to bring our praise and our worship. Once we do this we can than look up as we wait expectantly to hear from God. Be blessed!


Please remember to visit other WFW at the 160 acre woods.
More Inspiring WFW

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Great verse & photo...thank you for the reminder of why we do what we do...have a blessed WFW!

Denise said...

So very lovely dear one, thank you for sharing.

Amydeanne said...

great verse, and I love that you pointed out all of the Lentil issues should be done for God.. it's so true.. it's not just to give them up, but give them to God!

btw, I added you to Mr. Linky, he's finally back up!

Laurie Ann said...

Absolutely beautiful! Happy WFW!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

What a wonderful reminder! My son and I are reading through the story of the arrest of Jesus & crucifixion. The story always humbles me. I will never understand His love & compassion. But may I strive to show it to others. Thanks for such a great post! Happy WFW!

Tracy said...

Beautiful photo and verse...thank you for this powerful reminder. May we all use this time to draw closer to the Lord as we prepare our hearts for Easter.

Susan said...

Oh how beautiful.

Yes, I want the Lord to hear my voice early in the morning...

Blessings to you my friend♥

Toia said...

Great verse and beautiful picture!! I love what you had to say in your post...very inspirational & encouraging!! Happy WFW!!