Tuesday, February 17, 2009

WFW The Prize





I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me.
Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward - to Jesus.
I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.
So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision - you'll see it yet!
Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it.
Stick with me, friends. Keep track of those you see running this same course, headed for this same goal. Philippians 3:12-17


None have attained the perfection we desire in Christ, but those who are His possession are continually being moved toward the goal through the power of Christ Jesus. We may stumble or falter along the way but don’t ever give up. Keep your focus and keep the prize before you, keep running forward letting each step lead you toward the promise.

Run for the Prize
Eternal life with the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit;
Christ will change your weak, mortal body into a glorious body like His very own;
Everlasting peace;
No tears;
No sickness;
A citizen of the New Jerusalem;
The crown of Life;
You will sit with Christ on His throne;
Authority over all the nations;
Morning Star;
Manna now hidden away in heaven;
A white stone engraved with a new name only known to you;
Fruit from the Tree of Life in the paradise of God;
You shall be a pillar in the Temple of God, and you will never have to leave it and Jesus will write on you the Name of God and His new Name; Unbroken fellowship with the Father and the Son. “I will be their God”


They will be my people, and I will be their God. Jeremiah 32:38

I will make my home among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people. Ezekiel 37:27

All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children. Revelation 21:7


Please remember to visit other WFW at the 160 acre woods.
More Inspiring WFW

7 comments:

Joyfulsister said...

Hi sis,
I love when you share your heart and soul with me in your comments, as well as in your posts. I too strive forward to reach that goal, that prize as Paul also strived for.

Luv ya Lorie

Susan said...

Thanks this was GREAT!!

I'm keeping my eyes on the prize as well, no TURNING BACK, no TURNING BACK!!!

Onward Christian soldier!!!

Blessing to you this WFW☻

Mary Moss said...

Great encouragement! If we keep eyes on the prize, we'll make it to heaven!

Sit-N-Chat said...

Amen. What a day for running the race!!!! What a time to be alive. God is faithful. He will enable us. I love your post. Thank you.


Jennifer B

Laurie Ann said...

Amen! Running and striving with you! Happy WFW.

Amydeanne said...

some great "prizes" there isn't there?! Great encouragement

Anonymous said...

i love this verse. it reminds me to persevere.