Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thankful Thursdays---God's Power










Have you never heard or understood? Don't you know that the LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak. Isaiah 40:28 -29
Today I give thanks for the power of Christ which strengthen me. Power which never grows faint or weary.

Our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin. Romans 6:6
I give thanks for the power of Christ which defeated the power of sin and it no longer holds me in slavery;

So this is the point: The law no longer holds you in its power, because you died to its power when you died with Christ on the cross. And now you are united with the one who was raised from the dead. As a result, you can produce good fruit, that is, good deeds for God. Romans 7:4
I give thanks for the power of Christ which produce good fruit in me.

For the Kingdom of God is not just fancy talk; it is living by God's power.
1 Corinthians 4:20
I give thanks for the power of Christ which shows me the Kingdom of God is not just fancy talk but living by God’s power;

For God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey him and the power to do what pleases him. Philippians 2:13
I give thanks because God is working in me, truly giving me the desire to obey Him and the power to do those things which are pleasing to Him.

Just think how much more the blood of Christ will purify our hearts from deeds that lead to death so that we can worship the living God. For by the power of the eternal Spirit, Christ offered himself to God as a perfect sacrifice for our sins. Hebrews 9:14
I give thanks for the power of the precious blood of Christ;
I give thanks for the power of the blood of Christ which purifies my heart from deeds that lead to death
I give thanks for the power to worship the living God.
I give thanks Heavenly Father for by the power of the eternal Spirit, Christ offered Himself to You as a perfect sacrifice for my sins.


I give thanks for the power of God which draws me closer to Him daily I give thanks for the power of God which takes my faults, issues, messiness, junk, filth, dirt and cast them aside and reaches down to me in love and compassion; meeting me where I am at my need.

Lord I simply with a loving heart gives thanks today for your power which is able to do all things, anything and everything. Jesus in Your Mighty Name I pray. Amen


More thankful thurdays

5 comments:

Pia said...

hi. i'm so glad to be back. i thank God for the power He freely gave me... power to overcome. Jesus already paid the price. He said it's done. thanks for sharing your list of thankfuls.

oh, btw, you might want to join my giveaway. come and drop by my site. hope to see you at my little housewarming tea party. =D

Denise said...

You are such a beautiful picture of faith, love you.

Unknown said...

AMEN! Another GREAT post!

Filled with truths that God is speaking to many hearts and especially mine!

Blessings today!
Jill

Laurie Ann said...

Sing it, sistah! I really needed this word for today! Great post! Happy Thankful Thursday!

Cathy said...

Thanks for that beautiful post of encouragement.